Nature and Activities Abound in this Vacation Town
Frontenac consists of two unincorporated communities with a state park sandwiched between them. Frontenac Station, located along Highways 61/63 is the government and commercial center for the communities. Old Frontenac, on Lake Pepin, is a residential community that dates back to 1839. The entire community is on the National Register of Historic Places and contains a number of homes dating back to the Civil War era. Frontenac State Park is a 2300 park of hardwood forests, restored prairies and wetlands. Check out our fun facts and things to do in our communities.
- Check out a kit and go birdwatching
- Hike, cross-country ski, snowshoe and /or snowmobile on the park’s trails
- Bring a sled or tube and slide down the ¼ mile sledding hill
- Picnic at a scenic vista overlooking Lake Pepin and the Mississippi River Valley
- Observe wildlife and wildflowers in a natural setting
- Take a walk or driving tour past Old Frontenac’s historic homes